Marc-John* Verified Member
- From United Kingdom
- Currently in Cockburnspath, Berwickshire, United Kingdom
I'm Marc-John, a freelance Spanish interpreter, translator, proof reader, and writer based for the time being in Berwickshire, Scotland, United Kingdom.
I unusually grew up in the UK surrounded by Argentinians and Paraguayans, so learned the Spanish language from a very young age. This opened the doorway for me to the realisation that I have a solid, natural ability to learn foreign languages, and so I took full advantage and studied French and Italian at College.
I then travelled extensively throughout South America; living there for a total of 2 years, and also picked up a good level of Portuguese as I went.
For now I work mainly as a telephone interpreter; interpreting for both UK and US public services. I work face-to-face interpreting within the UK public services (including courtrooms and tribunals) and I work in translation from home, in a large variety of specific areas.
Given the fact that the UK is so rich in diversity of cultures and languages, I have once more been able to tap into my linguistic abilities and I learn a huge variety of different things as I live my every day life. Thanks to the big Polish community in the UK, I am very rapidly picking up their language and may soon opt to gain some certification.
Studying the Diploma in Public Service Interpreting with the Chartered Institute of Linguists has really helped me to amplify my vision and understanding of the world of the linguist and I continue to grow with new vocabulary and ideas every day; taking advantage of whatever further professional development training I can.
I am certified by the International School of Linguists in interpreting for the UK Border Agency, and am also an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Linguists.
I am really looking forward to collaborating more with such an innovative and ground breaking project as Babelverse.
Thank you for taking an interest in my profile.
Topics of Expertise
- Social Sciences: Religion, Politics, Philosophy, Linguistics, Esoteric practices, Anthropology,
- Sciences: Science / General,
- Medical: Surgery, Radiology, Psychiatry, Opthalmology / Optometry, Nutrition, Natural remedies, Health Care / Hospitals, Health Care / General, Cardiology,
- Legal: Tax, Law / Local, Law / General, Immigration, Government,
- IT: Websites, Localization, Internet / General,
- Industries: Tourism / Travel, Tourism / Leisure, Tourism / Hospitality, Sports, Food & Dairy,
- Business: Public Relations, Marketing, Human Resources,
- Art & Media: Video editing, Slang, Music, Journalism, Arts & Crafts,