About 127.65 million people live in Japan. Capital is Tokyo. Located in Asia. Currency is the Yen (jpy). Telephone prefix is +81
Japanese (日本語) is the main language of Japan (126 000 000 speakers)
14 languages spoken mainly here:
- 984 300 speakers of Okinawan , Central
- 317 000 speakers of Japanese Sign Language
- 67 700 speakers of Miyako
- 47 600 speakers of Yaeyama
- 13 100 speakers of Kikai
- 5 000 speakers of Kunigami
- 1 000 speakers of Yoron
- 800 speakers of Yonaguni
- Ainu (Japan)
- Amami-Oshima , Northern
- Amami-Oshima , Southern
You can contribute updates or corrections to help with this collaborative effort to compile the world's language data.
Also learn more about this country at Wikipedia and Ethnologue...